Open to kids of all ages!
Join us on Saturday, December 9th for more paws action with our reading therapy dogs! We have a wonderful relationship with our furry pals and invite you to meet and greet with the dogs and their handlers.
Read to a dog (and get in some cuddles!)
Recent studies performed by research teams at U.C. Davis and Tufts University reveal dog-gone grrreat news: Children who read aloud to therapy dogs or shelter cats on a regular basis demonstrate drastic improvement in their reading skills! Animals provide a safe, non-judgmental presence for struggling readers. Sharing books with furry supporters helps children to:
- Sustain concentration and focus
- Maintain a higher level of awareness
- Improve attitudes toward school
- Increase reading comprehension and fluency
- Expand their use of vocabulary and language
- Boost confidence and pride in their reading skills
- Cultivate a higher motivation for reading and learning
- Foster positive social interactions
- Feel more comfortable about learning
- Enjoy the experience of reading